If you’re struggling to save money and need some new and effective ideas, then this post is your goldmine.
I’ve used my super duper Google skills and rounded up the best money saving articles for you.
You’ll find ways to save money on specific purchases (like food, or a car), and general money saving tips too. You’ll discover fast ways to save money, slow and steady ways, and general tips to keep your wallet plump. As you go through the links below, you’ll find that many tips can be used “generally” to save money for any purpose.
How To Use This Money Saving Tips list?
I recommend going to the specific section that applies to you. If it doesn’t exist, then check out the general money saving tips section, and then peruse the other sections. There’s so many golden nuggets of interesting ways to save money scattered in these links. Have fun.
General Money Saving Tips
This is a general list of ways to save money. These tips can be used for any occasion, like a wedding or for school. I picked out the best ones here for you. Yay.
- 55 Painless Money Saving Tips | Dough Roller
- 25 Actionable Ways To Save Money | Cash Money Life
- 70 Super Easy And Practical Ways To Save Money | Good Financial Cents
- 25 Best Ways To Save Money By Not Being Normal | Christian PF
- 29 Creative Ways To Spend Less And Save More | One Good Thing By Jillee
- 20 Weird Ways To Save Money | A Small Life
- 10 Easy Ways To Save Money | Living On A Dime
How To Save Money On Food
Groceries is one of your biggest monthly expense. Spending too much money on food is one of my biggest weakness, and It’s likely one of yours too. I think with all these tips listed here, you need to come at it with discipline. It’s so easy to go to Starbucks every day. Yes, you’ve heard a million times, $5 a day on coffee is $150 extra a month you could have (for more important things, like a sick trip Europe). But most people just ignore it.
With that said, you’ll save the most money in the way you approach shopping for groceries and the way you cook. Spend some time going through this massive list of ways to save money on food (because, you know, you eat :)).
- How To Save Money On Groceries | Cash Cow Couple
- How To Save Money On Food Waste | Shrink That Footprint
- 7 Ways To Save Money On Fast Food | Living Well Spending Less
- How To Save Money On Food | Matt Money Man
- How To Save Money On Natural & Organic Food | Money Saving Mom
- Saving Money On Food While On Vacation | Saving The Family Money
- Saving Money On Paleo | Paleo Leap
- How To Save Money On Food Costs When Life Is Crazy | Life As A Mom
- 5 Tips To Save Money On Food While You Travel | One Step 4 Ward
- How To Save Money When Buying Organic Food | The Healthy Apple
- 4 Ways To Save Money On Food | Single Mom’s Income
- Reduce Food Waste | Smaggle
- Save Money Eating While Studying Abroad | The Study Abroad Blog
- 8 Ways To Save Money At Whole Foods Markets | 100 Days Of Real Food
- 30 Great Ways To Save Money On Food | Elite Personal Finance
- Ways To Save Money On Groceries | Money Crashers
- How To Save Money On Groceries Without Coupons | Frugality Gal
Ways To Save Money On A Car
- 5 Great Ways To Save Money When Buying A Car | Frugal Rules
- 10 Tips To Save Money On Car Rentals | Extra Pack Of Peanuts
- 9 Ways To Save Money On Your Next Car Purchase | Len Penzo
- 12 Tips To Save Money On Car Insurance | Boomer And Echo
- Car Strategies To Cut Your Costs In 4 (Or More) | Mr. Money Mustache
- Save Time And Money By Trading In Your Car | Cash Money Life
Money Saving Tips For Your Home
Whether you’re looking to save a lot of money to buy your first home or looking for fresh ways to save dough for home renovations, this list will keep you busy for a couple hours.
- 64 Ways To Save Money Around The House | And Then We Saved
- 25 Money Saving Tips For Around The Home | Let’s Save Money
- 45 Ways To Save Money On Your Monthly Bills | Survival At Home
- How I Save Money To Be A Stay At Home Mom | House Mix Blog
- 50 Ways To Save Money On Home Energy Utilities Repairs | Apartment Therapy
- 23 Ways To Save Money Building Your dream Home | Good Financial Cents
- Save Money Growing Vegetables And Herbs | Bonnie Plants
- 16 Ways To Save Money On Remodelling & Redesigning Your Home | The Project Girls
- How To Save Money On Your Electricity Bill | Quick And Dirty Tips
How To Save Money On Gas
The only thing I like about going to the gas station is the smell of gasoline. But I’d gladly give that up to never pay for gas again. Sadly, that’s never going to happen. But, I used these gas saving tips to help me save roughly 15% off my fuel consumption. Say what!
- Save Money On Gas | Sustainable Baby Steps
- 14 Apps That Help You Save Money On Gas | The Penny Hoarder
- 29 Fast And Easy Ways To Save Money On Gas In America | Truth In 7 Minutes
- How To Save Money On Gas: 60 Gas Saving Tips | Better Budgeting
- How To Save Money On Gas | The Crazy Coupon Chick
Money Saving Tips For Weddings
I meet a lot of people who have crappy low budget weddings because “It’s too expensive”. They are very costly, and it’s a shame many people can’t afford the wedding they truly want. You may or may not have the money for your dream wedding, but using these links below will help you find some creative ways to find more “money” for your wedding.
- 22 Ways To Stretch Your Wedding Budget As Far As It’ll Go | Off Beat Bride
- How To Save Money For A Wedding: 10 Creative Ways To Get Hitched For Less | Cash Back Authority
- 9 Tips To Save Money As A Wedding Guest | One Cent At A Time
- Say “I Don’t” To Wedding Expenses | Go Girl Finance
How To Save Money For Travel
One of my top 3 passions is travel. When I travel, I always meet people who are on extremely budgets enjoying the hell out of their adventures. I used to travel fairly comfortably, spending a lot of money on food, accommodations, and everything really. My bank account takes a big hit, but I get what I pay for usually. For those of you who need some creative ways to spend less money while traveling and to save money for travel, the following resources are incredible. Almost every single one is written by big name travel guru’s, who practice what they preach.
- Realistic Advice For Saving Money On Travel | Twenty Something Travel
- 22 Ways To Cut Your Expenses, Grow Your Bank Account, And Save Money For Travel | Nomadic Matt
- How I Saved $13 000 For Travel In Just 7 Months | Adventurous Kate
- 50 Ways To Budget Travel And Save Money On Vacations | Money Ning
- Hacks To Save Money On Europe Travel | World Of Wanderlust
- 25 Ways To Save Money On Business Travel | Small Biz Trends
- How To Save Money On Travel | Y Travel Blog
Ways To Save Money For College
Getting an education is extremely important, but the cost of it is just plain ridiculous. You can ease the inevitable cash sucking hole that College is with these money tips for school. Just a simple tip like buying used books instead of new books can save you 20-50% off book costs every semester. That usually means you’ll save about $100 at least. So check out these tips.
- Tips On Saving Money In College: Textbooks, Food, And Entertainment | Debt Roundup
- 100 Tips For Saving Money In College | Stage Of Life
- 15 Ways To Save Money In College | Teens Got Cents
- The 5 Biggest Ways To Save Money On College Expenses | Frugal Beautiful
I hope you found some new & interesting ways to save money. Was there a specific tip you found useful? Hit me with it in the comment section below.
Also, please share this post with your friends and family using Facebook or Twitter if you found it helpful. It helps me get my work out there and will help others find it. I appreciate it a ton!